HOW TO START A SMALL BUSINESS
1. Think of a business idea
Are you thinking of starting a business, you first need to come up with a realistic idea you can turn into a product or service.
Find local support, including help with developing business ideas.
2. Turn your idea into a business
Research the market - is your business going to be viable, is there lots of similar businesses which could make it difficult for you to stand out or compete with. Identify potential customers, would they buy your products? Asking a group of people what they think (not friends and family - unless you have brutally honest ones!)
3. Name your Business - Choosing a company name is one of the most important things to consider when forming a business . It is also one of the very first decisions that you will have to make – as a result, it’s always best to do your research and plan thoroughly before choosing one.
4. Test the Market - test your product on real customers, get their feedback, make changes and test again. Keep doing this until you know there is a demand for your product.
5. Find suppliers and/or Partners - think about who you’re going to work with to develop and sell your idea. Make sure you develop a relationship so that they understand this is a new business and are willing to help the business grow.
6. Set up your business - once you have everything in place, register your business with company house, become VAT registered (if you need to) or register for self employment.
7. Funding - do you need it? If you need funding ask your business support what grants, loans and options are available to you and your business. You maybe eligible for a test the market grant to help you start your business.
These steps will help you on your way to starting your own business, always ask for help, go on courses about accounting, advertising etc. so you have as much information as possible.
If you would like any advice from us please feel free to contact us.
Why send printed greetings card to your clients this year?E-cards are easy to do and free! BUT research shows your clients will hate it. You will be seen as putting no effort or thought into it. Send a traditional card early, this means your customer has a reminder though out December of your company instead of having it sitting [...]
Congratulations to Belindas Handbags who have won 250 free business cards.Check them out belowbelindashandbagsandaccessories.co.uk@BelindasHandbag
Thank you for visiting out siteAfter a lot of hard work and what has seemed like forever we have finally got our websiteworking properly so we thought we would have a launch party online to celebrate.Fancy winner free business cards?Take party in our scavenger hunt for our big launch rockets, find all four and contact [...]
Congratulations to Argyll Sea Glass who won FREE design and print of 500 A5 flyers and business cards.They offer fantastic handmade jewellery sets using Sea Glass, visit there website for more details http://argyllseaglass.co.uk/Keep an eye out for our next competition!
We are proud to announce on the 16th August 2015 we won Theo Paphitis, Small Business Sunday (#SBS on Twitter) We are so happy to join the #SBS family.Check out our profile here http://theopaphitissbs.com/profile/1414/Wee-Print-Ltd.
We have been the sponsors of a local event called #TheHeat2016This event is for local start up businesses (in the last 12 months) or someone who has an idea for a business to pitch to established local business. The four best pitches win some win fantastic prizes including our voucher for £100, £500 Worth of [...]
This months winner was Nancy & Nell handmade candles, who won 500 Free 450gsm Matt Laminated Business cardsHere is what she said about our business cards“What prize should we give away for free this month?Excellent quality and exceptional customer service! Would highly recommend.x ” @nancyandnell1Do you want to win? just keep an eye out for [...]